Karachi - Your Traffic is Killing Me

07:04 Unknown 0 Comments

     Photocredit: Raheelow

The title is inspired by Saba Imtiaz's novel, while I was stuck in traffic. However, my deepest sympathies go out to her for the debacle India has done with her masterpiece. Coming back to the topic, I heart my city born-and-bred Karachiite. I'm infused with memories of extravagant Clifton nightlife, sea view tales, Quaid-e-Azam tomb, Mohata's rich history, burns road food street mania and many such places. I realized the love for Karachi when I was 9, needless to say back then I never realized the positive influence it had on my subconscious mind.

Walk down busy lighthouse vauseway and you'll be happily overshadowed by shopkeepers selling diverse commodities at Lunda Bazaar. You'll find restaurants serving regional dishes such as Haleem, Kashmiri chai, Gujrati chat, Bun kababs, Hyderabadi biryani, you name it- they have it. The whole vibe of my city is exceptional, a compact blend of modern and traditional. 

Now Karachi has lost its glory, the roads are almost blocked or in a never ending under constructions. I'm, amazed why Karachi is so obsessed with the horns. People trust me your HORNY horns are making us nauseous. Karachi citizens are authentic hipsters, who have a bucket reserved for #IDGAFs but believe me giving a fuck should not be your purpose. There are specific rules about driving. Which I am sure these cool hipsters are unaware of and never even try to know them. These cool motorists are driving vehicles with simplistic logic - bang traffic, bang law, and bang people. 

I understand driving in Karachi is a rollercoaster ride. On a daily basis, you encounter with protests and rallies instead of hot dates.We need to observe the impact of our mistakes that can affect others. Maybe you're blocking an ambulance that is carrying a heart patient, or a young teenager getting late for paper and most importantly the corporate slaves like me can be scolded for nothing. So - Dear Karachittes, calm your tits!

0 comments: