An Open Letter to My Girls

00:08 Unknown 0 Comments

Dear Ladies,

Today is the day! 


I always wanted someone that I could relate to, someone who looked up to me, someone I could boss around. Tbh, you’re too headstrong to let me boss you around, but besides that, you’re a lovely cool younger sister.

Let me tell you the enduring secret, as both of my daughters are growing personally and professionally. You both are strong-minded women and people will force their thinking, their boundaries on you.They will teach you how to talk, what to wear, how to behave, who you can meet and where you can go. Don’t live in the obscurations of people’s opinion. Always be boundless, make your own decisions with your own wisdom and enlightenment.

Don’t let anyone’s opinion of who you should be friends with, or get married to dictate your life for any reason (I will handle mama). People will talk and discuss. They shall say some disturbing things but that doesn’t mean you have to listen to everyone. "Log kya kahenge" does not matter.

At the end of the day, you are the only one who will face the outcomes of your decisions, so don’t let other people make your decisions for you (including me). Sometimes it’s okay to try and fail horribly at something to discover what you are good at. Explore who you are, what you want and pursue it without any compromise.

Never feel ashamed of the power and strength that you embody. It's in our DNA, our mother is the driving force and she taught us how to fight against the odds. Shut down every sidewalk and smirk at every person who gazes tauntingly towards your path.You are brilliant and an unstoppable force. I can see myself in you, go and conquer the world my little Wonder woman. Yes, I am your cheerleader and always will be, whether I am in my 20's or in my 70's.

Stay strong and stay true to you.Take it one day at a time and change the world.

Happy Birthday, Rabia Atique!

0 comments: